Friday, January 7, 2011

WWH_01



Well this is the first of one of my planned regular feature posts...I will post every Friday. Every now and then I will have guests give us their words too...In "walking with HIM" I would like to share with you ways that I and others have shared their faith with their family and or friends...in the everyday, special occasions, whenever, where ever....I ultimately want to encourage and inspire you to walk with HIM...Therefore, cheer each other and encourage one another in the faith...1 Thessalonians 5:11

_________________________________________________________________

Okay well this week I thought that I would just share with you all how I worship in the mornings with my children.

This has been a fairly new addition to our routine but the kids love it and if I forget they soon ask me why

Every morning I make it a must that I eat breakfast with bubba and chicken...I used to swan around the kitchen making lunches or general cleaning while I watched them eat....and while we eat I pause my breakfast to read from the Bible

I have the Bible and lesson pamphlet (for our children sabbath school lesson) in a basket on our dining table****




After we have read a story or section we discuss it and work out together what we think God is trying to tell us from the story and what we can take from it
Some discussions have been priceless but I never tire from their pure thoughts of Gods word
The other day we were discussing how God is coming back one day to take us back to heaven to live with Him....chickens response to this was "(sigh) He's taking so long to come and get us already"
love love love


Now some tips for you if you decide to do this in your household ...

1. Get up early and have all chores done before they get up (things like school lunches, dishes, uniforms ironed and ready) otherwise you can get side tracked and things could run late and you may get tempted to throw away the tradition for the day and do the beckoning chores instead...believe me it has happened in this household.

2. Get a Bible that is written so that your children can understand it (or swap the bible with a children aimed bible story book if they are very young) I have a 4 & 6 year old and they are able to understand the language now. We read from the NIrV version.



_________________________________________________________________



I hope I have both inspired and encouraged you today. If any of you would like to do a guest post just leave me a message. Go and enjoy reading the word of God together....xxx

**** You may have noticed the cards in my basket as well. They are there for us to pray over the families and people who have sent them to our family. Every morning we pick one and try to remember that family in prayer for the day. Such a great idea hey...I got it from here. I plan to do it with all cards that come in over the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment